PATI Test – Police Analytical Thinking Inventory Test (Ontario)
Becoming a Police officer is a career choice, not a job. It is something that requires hard work, enthusiasm, and passion. The passion to help your community. That is why it is important to take the process very serious. It is always important to understand key concepts on a test before studying for it.
The Police Analytical Thinking Inventory – PATI Exam – is a standardized written police entrance examination used across Ontario. The PATI Exam is designed to assess your analytical thought processing ability and to gauge your aptitudes which are necessary for a career in policing. You will have up to 90 minutes to complete the PATI test which covers the following 3 key areas:
- Deductive Reasoning: This is a skill that is needed as a Police Officer. It is the ability to draw appropriate conclusions from information provided and gathered. As a Police Officer, you will often be required to make sense of evidence by drawing conclusions about its relevance and meaning. This is tested through the Syllogism and Travel Time tasks in the PATI Test. By doing practice tests with these question types you will improve your executive reasoning skills . A famous example of someone that has mastered deductive reasoning is Sherlock Holmes.
- Inductive Reasoning: The ability to identify trends or common characteristics in a series of objects or information presented. Police officers often need to sift through seemingly disconnected facts and make judgments about how they fit together. This is tested through the Classification and Series Completion
- Quantitative Reasoning: The ability to apply basic arithmetic operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions to solve problems. Police are required to apply arithmetic processes to determine rates of speed, stopping distance, etc. and this ability is tested on the Word Problems and Arithmetic tasks
The PATI test topics include:
- Problem Solving
- Map Reading
Note: A successful PATI test result is valid for three year.
What PATI material we offer:
PATI Test Exams and Preparation Material
- 14 full-length PATI Practice Exams (Premium Package)
- 8 full-length PATI Practice Exams (Standard Package)
- Detailed solutions and explanations for all questions
- Performance and historic tracking of exams attempted
- Timed and live scoring for all exams
- Preparation material for all subject matters in the PATI exam
Check out our full Ontario Premium Edition Package
Good-luck with your studies. We are always here to help you.